Give this form to your GP/specialist and let them fill it out...
DISABILITY LIVING ALLOWANCE CLAIM FORM to be completed by a Doctor (md).
Here is the definition of disability:
The definition of ‘disability’ under the Equality Act 2010
In the Act, a person has a disability if:
- they have a physical or mental impairment
- the impairment has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to perform normal day-to-day activities
For the purposes of the Act, these words have the following meanings:
- 'substantial' means more than minor or trivial
- 'long-term' means that the effect of the impairment has lasted or is likely to last for at least twelve months (there are special rules covering recurring or fluctuating conditions)
- 'normal day-to-day activities' include everyday things like eating, washing, walking and going shopping
rogressive conditions considered to be a disability
There are additional provisions relating to people with progressive conditions. People with HIV, cancer or multiple sclerosis are protected by the Act from the point of diagnosis. People with some visual impairments are automatically deemed to be disabled.
Do you consider _________________________(insert name here) to fit within the definition of disability?
How long will this person fit within this definition of disability?
5 year award 10 year award 20 year award lifetime award
how much support does this person need?
Little additional support to function
(1-2 hours a day additional)
medium support needs
(5-10 hours a day)
high support needs
(over ten hours a day)
What mobility needs does this person have?
as a now famous meerkat would say, simples!